Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't believe me

You all are a gullible bunch (do you know that it is the only word not listed in the dictionary? ha! ha!). I exclude myself from this group because I maintain a healthy (or annoying, depending on whom you ask) sense of skepticism; but unfortunately truthiness seems to be more popular than truism.
I am especially wary (read: i'm difficult!) about trusting 'experts' when it comes to my health. While not exactly a temple, my body is awfully important to me for working, playing and schlepping around my soul. I need it and it needs me (for now) and so I don't accept dubious sources of information easily.

I had written a long, preachy post concerning multi-vitamins, sunblock and modern medicine, but then realized that I was just espousing the type of advice I was warning you against. My thoughts came across more vituperative than I had intended. So I will foreshorten and recapitulate.
The world is full of "experts" who will gladly tell you what to do. Hear them, but don't listen to them. You are unique, you alone know what is best for you.

That said, always trust your chiropractor! :)


Don't trust me, trust yourself.
Don't believe me, believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment